Subject: FAQ and Travel Tips
Tracy’s Trips FAQ:
About the Bus:
You can leave your stuff on the bus [no valuables TT is not responsible for lost or stolen items] I encourage neck pillows/travel pillows/blankets...try to sleep on the bus or you will most likely be exhausted and start to hallucinate
You will not be able to return to the bus until we board at Macy’s [our driver will go to a hotel to sleep.. yeah]
We will show movies on the bus on the way to NYC… we have a “quiet time” that starts @ 11:45 so our guests who want to catch some zzzz’s can …there are individual seat lights if you want to read etc.[or bring a book light] Ipods/laptops/ individual DVD players with ear phones are fine too.
We do not encourage alcohol [I can think of nothing worse than having a hang over and sleep deprivation] If you have alcohol puke on the bus you will be fined $150.00 and clean it up yourself [I mean it.. because I will be grossed out]
No you do not have to use the bus bathroom ..we will stop about every 2 1/2hrs for potty breaks / leg stretches.
We will stop just outside of Manhattan in NJ to get freshened up …go ahead and bring a change of clothes /toothbrush/flat iron/make up /DEODORANT [joke] etc.
We will have bottled water for purchase on the bus [bottled H2O at a truck stop will run you $3.00 …we will have it for -$1.00]
Before we arrive in Manhattan we will play a Travel DVD “Welcome to NYC”
NYC TRIP TIPS FROM TRACY ’S TRIPS
- REMEMBER TO CHARGE YOUR CELL PHONES
- COMFORTABLE SHOES!!!! NO EXPLANATION NEEDED.
- INVEST IN A TRAVEL UMBRELLA IT WOULD REALLY NOT BE GOOD TO HAVE TO WEAR WET CLOTHES FOR 18 HRS. ……
- SMALL BILLS… EXACT CHANGE FOR SUBWAYS AND CABS SAVES FUMBLING AND WAITING FOR CHANGE. ON CANAL STREET THEY FROWN UPON $100.00 BILLS AFTER YOU JUST TALKED THEM DOWN TO $17.00
- TIME IS THE MOST PRECIOUS COMMODITY YOU HAVE ON YOUR TRIP. HAVE A PLAN! KNOW WHEN YOUR VENUES ARE OPEN. MANY DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE ON LINE .DOING YOUR HOMEWORK WILL PAY OFF. DON’T EVEN GET OFF THE BUS WITHOUT A PLAN!!!!
- SMALL PURSES WITH STRAPS ARE RECOMMENDED THEY CAN BE TUCKED UNDER YOUR JACKET FOR SAFETY AND IT LEAVES YOUR HANDS FREE FOR SHOPPING.
- SHOPPING BAGS CAN BE CHECKED AT MACY’S CUSTOMER SERVICE [DON’T FORGET TO TIP!]
- IF YOU ARE DOING A LOT OF SHOPPING BRING A CANVAS SHOPPING BAG TO CONSOLIDATE YOUR TREASURES TIP: TUCK A TRASH BAG IN YOUR SHOPPING BAG IN CASE YOU GO WILD ON CANAL STREET [I HAVE FILLED SEVERAL] IT COMES IN HANDY IF IT RAINS TOO !
- I RECOMMEND TAXIS AS YOUR SOURCE OF TRANSPORTATION …UNLESS YOU ARE SUBWAY SAVVY. [ In heavy traffic it is 40 cents per minute to idle] REMEMBER YOU CAN HAVE 4 PASSENGERS AND DIVIDE THE COST!
- My must haves…..yoga pants and a hoodie for the bus, dress in layers the bus will be more cold than hot…”wisps” for my teeth, baby wipes, sun screen and those little hand sanitizers from Bath and Body Works. Shoes for the bus that are easy to slip on and off ( for potty and stretch breaks) Pillows and blankets.